CLASSIFIED

Lots of news. So, if you didn't already know, the book coming after The Medusa Plot is A King's Ransom.
I got this from the 39 clues wiki-

A King's Ransom will be the second book in the Cahills vs. Vespers series, and will be released December 6, 2011.

Cover Messages On the bottom left space of the statue you can see the words, "Find Stan", possibly suffering to Uzbekistan Somewhere near the bottom of the statue you can see an outline of a country called Uzbekistan Instead of the Nazi Swastika, there is a V for Vespers underneath the eagle. Description From Amazon.com

Amy and Dan are in a race for their lives . . . and the enemy may be even closer than they think.

When seven members of their family were kidnapped by a sinister organization known as the Vespers, thirteen-year-old Dan Cahill and his older sister, Amy, vowed they'd stop at nothing to bring the hostages home. But then the ransom comes in and the Vespers demand the impossible. Amy and Dan have just days to track down and steal an ancient map. The only catch? No one has seen the map for half a century.

Now Amy and Dan are on a desperate search that will lead them to the Nazis, spies, a mad king and some of history's dirtiest secrets. It's the race of their lives . . . and one mis-step will mean certain death for the hostages.

So yes, it sounds like Amy and Dan will be going to Uzbekistan. But that's not all. Notice at the bottom left part of the cover the constellation "Lupus." Well, I did a little research and found this-

Credit: ROYAL ASTRONOMICAL SOCIETY/SCIENCE PHOTO LIBRARY

Caption: Lupus constellation. 17th century engraving of Lupus (the Wolf), overlaid with the positions of the stars that make up this constellation. The wolf is being killed by a spear wielded by a centaur (right, the constellation Centaurus). This star map is from Uranometria, a star atlas published in 1603 by the German astronomer Johann Bayer. It contained a total of 51 star maps, plotted using the most accurate observations of the time. It was the first star atlas to use reference grids on its maps, and the first to use Greek letters to identify individual stars, though it retained the traditional mythological depictions of the constellations.

Well, well, well. I believe in the summary for A King's Ransom, it says that Amy and Dan have to find a map that hasn't been seen in half a century. I think 1603 is close enough, hmm? Uranometria was published by the German astronomer Johann Bayer...and it also says in the summary that there are Nazis in the book...it all fits! So it sounds like they'll be looking for a map of Lupus from Uranometria...wonder why the Vespers want it...hmm.

CLASSIFIED

Ok, yeah, I forgot the no pictures rule- it looks like my pictures have been deleted, but you can still get the idea.

CLASSIFIED

Nice job. Couldn't have done it better than you did. If you're right, I'm telling Dan, or the authors. :)

CLASSIFIED

Wow, nice research. Good work. But we can't do anything but make assumptions at this point.
Front sm

kingcitadel1

aka CrimsonDagger1

Branch: Lucian

Great find! Though to note, half a century is 50 years, not 500 years. The "more than 50 years ago" would fit the Nazi situation

kingcitadel1 aka CrimsonDagger1

Rex Cahill - Lucian/Madrigal

Saladin League 

CLASSIFIED

Yeah, CrimsonDagger, I realized my error just after I clicked "submit." Whoops.

CLASSIFIED

what are you talking about?

CLASSIFIED

nice, have you found a code yet.......

CLASSIFIED

Impressive Research.
Front sm

freyaathena16

aka AmbitiousCat31

Branch: Ekaterina

heloooooooooooooooo? do you know cahill's vs vespers?
Front sm

athleteawesome8

aka DragonJet169

really! cant wait

athleteawesome8 aka DragonJet169

VESPERS SAY DO

CAHILLS SAY DONE

I AM A MAN OF GOD

CLASSIFIED

Great Job CrimsonDragon32!!! Only a Lucian would be so dedicated to getting this "Classified info"!!!

Keep Up the good work and GO LUCIANS!!! 

CLASSIFIED

BTW, u can read an exerpt of book 2 at the39clues.com/damien
Its not that much though. 
Front sm

colonelphoenix1

aka MadrigalForce1

Our assumptions are then on the right track! Thanks for the intel. This just helps support our theory that the Vespers are looking for some sort of ancient device circa Greek/Roman period (due to "The Medusa Plot" discovery of Amy & Dan at the statue of Pliny-the guy who first recorded a major disaster) which would enable them to somehow conquer and/or rebuild the current world to a world of their own liking. Pliny's record of that disaster may be one of the affects of this device. And since the Chinese invented the Zodiac and their civilization started before the Greeks, it could be said that they had the map or manual to it.

But then again, how would the Chinese be able to connect to the Greeks/Romans? Remember how the unpublished epilogue of Marco Polo's
Il Milione got entangled in this mess in Book 1? Well, Marco Polo was the man who made the first land-based trade route from Europe to China, and he somehow got knowledge on the Zodiac and somehow infused it with Greek letterings and development of this could have lasted til 1603, which was also near the era of the start of the Cahills and Vespers feud.

So what's Uzbekistan got to do with this? Well according to my research, it was part of the trade route made by Marco Polo. Coincidence? More like suspicious. But the Nazi involvement will have to be further researched on.

Madrigal Cousins signing off. 

colonelphoenix1 aka MadrigalForce1

MADRIGAL COUSINS

Secret Cahill Clue Protection Force

Undercover as Ekaterinas

COL. PHOENIX

UNIT COMMANDER

MADRIGAL SECRET INTELLIGENCE UNIT

DIVISION DIRECTOR

HYSTORIANS OSCAR DIVISION

HEAD AMBASSADOR

HONORARY ORDER OF GREENCLOAKS

CLASSIFIED

you got that just from the word stan? cool!

CLASSIFIED

If you are right, then it looks like Hitler and his Nazi party may have been involved with the Vespers. I will research and let you know if I can find anything else.

CLASSIFIED

yeah I wonder why the Vespers would want a map of Lupus.

CLASSIFIED

good job
Front sm

twilightunderground5

aka ClassifiedHideout8

Branch: Lucian

You're wrong about what map. They are looking for A map: the "De Virga" map. At the end of the Medusa Plot, it mentions de virga, and I recently found proof in the King's Ransom preview!

twilightunderground5 aka ClassifiedHideout8

I am PrimalEnvy

'Till all are one.

Draco dormiens nunquam titillandus.

One ring to rule them all.

Lucian, Madrigal, Ravenclaw, Destron.

CLASSIFIED

your right!! find stan means uzbekistan!! how do i know? well if you look on the front cover of "a kings ransom"  you will see an odd shape that looks like a peice of land at the bottom of the statue of the eagle.so i looked up a picture of uzbekistan and the pictures of land match!! looks like it does have something to do with uzbekistan

Front sm

colonelphoenix1

aka MadrigalForce1

Both the "de Virga" and "Lupus" are constellations or star maps. And Uzbekistan is the country where Samarkand is located, wherein the astronomer Ulugh Beg spent his working years. Here's the big part. He made the "Zij-i Sultani", an astronomical table and star catalogue published 1437, containing the locations of 992 fixed stars, and fixed stars formed constellations. Another thing: It was considered to be the greatest star catalogue between Ptolemy (Roman Empire) and Brahe (1540's-1600's). This means it was way after the volcanic disaster of Pliny in Book 1 and before the time of  Gideon Cahill, the maker of the Master Serum. We believe that this book or parts of this book is what the Vespers are after in Uzbekistan.

Madrigal Cousins signing off. 

colonelphoenix1 aka MadrigalForce1

MADRIGAL COUSINS

Secret Cahill Clue Protection Force

Undercover as Ekaterinas

COL. PHOENIX

UNIT COMMANDER

MADRIGAL SECRET INTELLIGENCE UNIT

DIVISION DIRECTOR

HYSTORIANS OSCAR DIVISION

HEAD AMBASSADOR

HONORARY ORDER OF GREENCLOAKS

CLASSIFIED

Hmm...... it seems that the stars hold more than beauty.  Maybe a guy who painted a pictuter of the constalations hid a message in his art work....  Interesting.  Thanks for sharing the information!  Sea ya!
SingingDolphin36

CLASSIFIED

December 6...... how can I wait that long!!!!!  I guess I will have to reread all the 39 Clues book in order, then maybe the day's will go by faster... SIGH.  Sea ya!
SD36

CLASSIFIED

but it says that LUPUS is discovered ny ptolemy in the 2nd century.,

CLASSIFIED

I LIVE IN CHINA AND I GOT IT! IT IS ONLY NOVEMBER!!!!!

CLASSIFIED

Wow! Good research CRIMSONDRAGON32 !! That is realy cool!

CLASSIFIED

Nice research! You are a true Lucian.

Justin 
Front sm

superbook11

aka BlueClassified1

Well, they are made in China...

superbook11 aka BlueClassified1

I'm not saying this as an Ekaterina. I'm saying this as a MADRIGAL.

CLASSIFIED

nice huh! i've already red that one few weeks ago. and i find it very nice! 2 days to go and i'll finally read the book! the map Amy and Dan need to find was a STAR MAP and Lupus Association lies in the part of Gould's Belt that extends above the plane of the Milky Way, so that a portion of the Milky Way runs through Lupus.

CLASSIFIED

actually, i read the book (a King's ransom) 2 days ago, and that isn't even close. Yes, it's a star map. But not of Lupus and it was not made in 1603. It was made between 1411 and 1415 and disappeared in 1932. And the Nazi connection is actually to do with the timing and the people who were (or suspected of) being involved with the disappearance.

A King's Ransom is awesome! 

CLASSIFIED

Actually, CrimsonDragon32, if you read the message from Vesper One at the end of "The Medusa Plot", he refers to de Virga (full name: Albertinus de Virga). I looked up the name de Virga and the de Virga world map (or 'de Virga mappa mundi' as Vesper One calls it) came up. And it definitely disappeared more than half a century ago, and it was made between 1411 and 1415. Besides, half a century is 50 years ago, just as CrimsonDagger1 stated. 1603 is not even close to that.
And it only said that it was published in 1603, not disappeared in 1603. Other than that, your research was impressive and great (not sarcasm, I swear).
~Andreana

CLASSIFIED

Also, Amy and Dan go to Switzerland, Germany, and Czech Republic in "A King's Ransom". The Uzbekistan thing was only for Book 3: "The Dead of Night" by Peter Lerangis.
~Andreana